On 01/20/2018 04:14 PM, Davidson H wrote:

As I understood it, its not *totally* disabled but is *partially* disabled (like the TCP/IP stack). Anyway. Your KGPE-D16 suggestion is interesting (thx!), and that mobo+ a 12core 2014 opteron seems like it would be fairly speedy? Certainly compared to my old i3/8gb tower. This may sound silly but in the VM context, would a 12 core processor be excessive or would it be "fully utilized" by Qubes?

16 cores, 32 if you use dual 16 core CPU's.

As always it depends on how many VM's you run and how much CPU juice they need.
With 16 cores and 64GB RAM you would truly want for nothing.