Le mardi 30 janvier 2018 10:05:57 UTC+2, Ivan Mitev a écrit :
> On 01/30/18 09:36, ThierryIT wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Why are you closing a ticket before knowing if the modification you have
> > made, to correct the bug, is working ? I mean, why can't you wait for the
> > user to add the modification and see if it is working or not ?
>
> Once a dev or contributor provides a fix that he/she thinks solves an
> issue there is usually no reason to keep the issue open, or else the
> issue tracker would be cluttered with fixed but open issues waiting to
> be confirmed/closed by their reporter.

Do not agree at all with this ...
If taking as example my ticket, what happen:

1) I open a ticket for a problem
2) The ticket is taken into account by the dev
3) Work on it, push the patch
4) close the ticket
5) I do the update as requested
6) result: not fully working
7) Cannot re-open my ticket, open a new ticket
8) The dev close my second ticket because it is duplicated ticket
9) re-open the first ticket

And what about:

1) I open a ticket for a problem
2) The ticket is taken into account by the dev
3) Work on it, push the patch
4) Ask the user to update and give feedback
5) if working then close the ticket, if not then go ahead ...

What do you think ?