On Tuesday, 6 February 2018 15:04:52 UTC, Alex Dubois  wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 February 2018 10:32:16 UTC, awokd  wrote:

> > I see what you mean. If I follow
> > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/firewall/#port-forwarding-to-a-qube-from-the-outside-world
> > on R4.0, I'm not getting past the first step of:
> >
> > Verify you are cutting through the sys-net VM firewall by looking at its
> > counters (column 2)
> >
> > iptables -t nat -L -v -n  [counters increasing]
> >
> > iptables -L -v -n [not]
> >
> > I wonder if it's an nft vs. iptables thing? Interestingly, this procedure
> > works fine:
> > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/firewall/#enabling-networking-between-two-qubes
> > .
>
> I did this doc long long ago. 4.0 has a new networking model. I've just
> upodated to v4, I'll review it... sorry...

OK, networking is working in R4rc4, I have it working fine with a dozen of VM +
my intranet traffic at home routing through QubesOS.

I've started to update the doc here:
https://github.com/adubois/qubes-doc/blob/master/security/firewall.md

I am about to do a pull request for this first update.

I do not address the main part because I believe there is a bug with
/rw/config/qubes-firewall-user-script not triggering on network change that I
want to report and get an understanding on how it will be addressed.