On 2018-03-28 12:14, G wrote:
You're right. So the no ME no TPM rule probably apply only when using
the stock bios. I just noticed coreboot recently pushed a commit
fixing a problem in TPM activation
https://github.com/coreboot/coreboot/commit/676887d2e2e474f70a8ebb1b6065f71e4e81001d
maybe that's the issue with my x220. I'm rebuilding my rom to check if
something changes with that commit, i'll give an update soon.

Giulio

I just flahed the latest commit: still no luck. By checking the source code I think that the init_tpm() function is actually being called:

From file coreboot/src/northbridge/intel/sandybridge/romstage.c:
  120   if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_LPC_TPM)) {
  121           init_tpm(s3resume);
  122   }

From my config:
CONFIG_LPC_TPM=y
CONFIG_NORTHBRIDGE_INTEL_SANDYBRIDGE=y

I think i'll try opening an issue in coreboot about this.