G as in g-money? hehe just had to say that.

The ME is capable of presenting a fake "softTPM" software based TPM but
in this case I doubt that is what the X220 has - and there is no reason
as to why a TPM shouldn't work with a cleaned ME as it doesn't involve
the ME it communicates directly on the LPC bus.
I also must note for everyone that it is impossible to disable ME - the
ME_Cleaner software and the HAP bit do not disable ME the kernel does in
fact run before it shuts off via HAP which is plenty of time to perform
a litany of dirty tricks....that is if you trust ME saying that it is
shutting down (there is no way to verify this without million dollar
equipment) a truly disabled ME could have its CPU physically
disconnected and the platform not work or at the least be able to
function without the ME blob without shutting off after 30 minutes which
will happen even with the HAP bit.

Of course I must mention that TXT is an intel gimmick that isn't
actually required to have an effective AEM setup, it just means that
with it you can slightly change kernel bios etc and not have to re-seal
which isn't at all necessary.

I suggest posting on the coreboot ML to inqure as to why it isn't
working - the aptitude level there is higher and someone will probably
be able to assist.