Hi there Friend ! What 8 cells battery you have got, and from which seller?
It is either your battery needs a few power cycles to get to its' full
performance,
or maybe you have received a battery with the different power cells
(not SANYO) :
e.g. your original battery was SANYO but that new 8cells could be SMP ? :P

If you would look at the PDF Hardware Maintenance Manual for Lenovo G505S laptop
(easily found online, contains many FRU replacement parts
descriptions/IDs, useful)
you will see that - even for the official G505S batteries, there were
three manufacturers:
Sanyo, LG, SMP (Simplo). According to some tests, Sanyo are much
better than SMP/LG.

Please look at the attached picture - it contains a small review of
the battery cells (could be expanded)

my 8cells battery is Sanyo, and its almost twice longer battery life!
Mike result is ~1.5x longer,
but he haven't told me who made his cells, or I forgot what he has
replied to me and couldnt find.
Guess its a bit of a lottery... If your battery would not perform
better after a few power cycles,
you could try getting another 8 cells battery, preferably from another
seller - for a higher chance
that these batteries would be from the different batches with the
different internals - and we will see

However, if you would look through this guide above, there are some
more worthy investments:
in example, AR9462 wireless network adapter from ath9k family - does
not need the binary blobs,
runs on 100% open source and supports 2.4GHz/5GHz and even Bluetooth,
works fine even at the
Stallman-endorsed Linux distros. Ideally, batteries should be bought
after you have got everything else.
By the way, 2-3 times per year you could get 10-20% off AliExpress
coupons for a great real discount

Retyped table from the attached image (so that it will be searchable
through the Internet) :

Laptop batteries for | Model -- ___ | ______ | Stated __| Max energy
capacity | Max energy capacity __| ______|
G505S and other __| battery cells | _______| capacity | by design
__________| after 3 months of _____| ______|
compatible Lenovo | manufacturer | Voltage | in mAh _| (as seen by
________| heavy usage _________| Rating |
laptops __________|___________| _______|_________| Ubuntu Linux OS )
__| ____________________| ______|
official Lenovo ____| L12S4E01 -- | 14.4V | 2900 mAh | 3.8 Wh
____________| 3.5 Wh (94% of design) | medium |
4 cells battery ____| SANYO
____|______|__________|___________________| ____________________|
battery |
(older revision)
____|___________|______|__________|____________________|_____________________|______|
official Lenovo ____| L12M4E01 -- | 14.88V | 2800 mAh | 3.8 Wh
____________| 3.1 Wh (81% of design) | bad__ |
4 cells battery ____| Simplo
_____|_______|__________|___________________| ____________________|
battery |
(newer revision) ____| Technology
|_______|__________|___________________|____________________|_______|
__________________| ( SMP )
___|______|__________|____________________|____________________|_______|
8cells G505S battery | " Replace | 14.4V _| 5200 mAh | 6.3 Wh
____________| 6.1 Wh (96% of design) | the best |
by AliExpress seller _| L12L4A02,
|______|__________|___________________| ___________________| battery
!_|
MX (HK) LTD -- _____| L12L4E01,
|______|__________|___________________|____________________|________|
Ming Xuan ________| L12M4A02 "
|_____|__________|___________________|____________________|_________|
__________________| -- SANYO

NOTE: battery model number is L12*4E01, where * letter means the
manufacturer of battery cells.
in L12S4E01 , S means SANYO, || in L12M4E01 , M means Simplo Technology ( SMP ),
in L12L4E01, L means LG chemicals || Older (official) batteries were
usually SANYO, newer
(official) batteries are usually SMP, sadly. My experience: SANYO
cells are the best performance

Best regards,
Ivan Ivanov aka qmastery