Hello,

I am running a Qubes R4.0 install on Thinkpad X250, fully `*-testing` updated,
and after restoring most of my R3.2 qubes and getting almost ready to switch
fully to the new version, something happened with `qubesd` or `qubes-db-dom0`.

Most `qvm-*` command fail with:

```
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/qvm-start", line 5, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesadmin/tools/qvm_start.py", line
179, in main
    domain.start()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesadmin/vm/__init__.py", line 100,
in start
    self.qubesd_call(self._method_dest, 'admin.vm.Start')
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesadmin/base.py", line 68, in
qubesd_call
    payload_stream)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesadmin/app.py", line 483, in
qubesd_call
    return self._parse_qubesd_response(return_data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesadmin/base.py", line 102, in
_parse_qubesd_response
    raise exc_class(format_string, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesadmin/exc.py", line 29, in
__init__
    message_format % tuple(int(d) if d.isdigit() else d for d in args),
TypeError: not enough arguments for format string
```

The first occurrence was when attempting to restore a backup:
```
qubesadmin.backup: Error restoring VM p-android, skipping: not enough arguments
for format string
```

When the issue started, all qubes that were active were still operating. And
`qvm-run <qube> <command>` worked fine on them. Other commands like `qvm-ls`
work ok.

After a reboot, all ServiceVMs are not starting, so the complete system is
broken.

I did some analysis on the traceback and the error seems to be simply that an
Exception is raised without any data. But I do not know how to enable more
debugging or provide more specific data.

Tryed to restart `dom0` daemons, look into /var/log/qubes/* and
/var/log/libvirt/* without getting any clues about what is failing.

Only change from stock install is that I had to `lvextend` the default `pool00`
volume to have enough disk space, and the extension segment is on a second,
permanent SSD.

Should I raise an issue?
Any debugging tips?

Cheers,