Unfortunately,yes, those links are definitely a lie.
I not going to even comment their dishonest advertising-language, but in short:
there is a huge difference between removing something for good ore verifying
that there most likely hasnt been changed anything.
Also, the intel ME thing is from what i have been told totally over the top,
the really issues with Purism products lay elsewhere.

I recently got interested in this thematic and almost bought a Purism, but
luckily asked first in the coreboot irc. Id really recommend to do some
research.
There are plenty of sites who show the  technically reasons  wy one should
never buy Purism stuff.
That being said, purism current approach using HEADS is a lot better then the
stuff they sold in the beginning, one could argue that their current laptops
actually might actually improve your security a little bit.
If its worth the extra money is a personal choice, i myself feel like its just
way to much money for a device which STILL runs almost entirely on properitary
software.
If you are serious about your security, id recommend an G505s(i dont have one
tough) or an x230, i do have one, and it rocks.

There will be no blobs whatsoever present except the EC-blob (probably
liberated soon) and the bub-module.
 Also, they are highly modular.(someone custom build mine with fhd display,
classic style keyboard, external antenna etc etc, and i fucking love it ;).

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.