On 9/30/18 10:18 PM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
> 'Setherson' via qubes-users wrote on 9/30/18 2:12 AM:
>> I am using Qubes 3.2. All TemplateVMs and dom0 have been updated
>> sometime within the past week.
>>
>> Since about the same time, my Workstation TemplateVM and every AppVM
>> based on it has been unable to connect to the internet.
>>
>> The Whonix Gateway TemplateVM works fine, as does the sys-whonix
>> NetVM. Furthermore, all the AppVMs based on the Fedora and Debian
>> templates work even when routed through sys-whonix. I also have all
>> the TemplateVMs set to update through sys-whonix, and every one of
>> them is able to do this with the sole exception of whonix-ws-14. So if
>> I had to guess, I’d say the problem lies with the Whonix Workstation
>> TemplateVM itself.
>>
>> When I try updating whonix-ws-14, it “hits” everything until the 10th
>> repository. Once it gets there, the screen shows “[working]” and stays
>> there.
>>
>> Has anyone else run into this problem? What steps can I take to begin
>> troubleshooting it?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>
> You might have caught a bad update last week, and it sounds like one of
> the repositories you're using is unavailable right now. You can try the
> suggestions in
> https://forums.whonix.org/t/errors-updating-september-2018/6028/8, or
> wait a day or so and try updating again.

actually the method from the whonix forum still fails : (# commenting
out the 2  onion repo references

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade works but not  , as below

user@host:~$ sudo apt-get update
Hit:1 http://deb.whonix.org stretch InRelease

Hit:2 http://deb.qubes-os.org/r4.0/vm stretch InRelease

Hit:3 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates InRelease
Ign:4 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease
Hit:5 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch Release
Reading package lists... Done
E: The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/tor+http could not be found.
N: Is the package apt-transport-tor installed?
E: Failed to fetch
tor+http://deb.dds6qkxpwdeubwucdiaord2xgbbeyds25rbsgr73tbfpqpt4a6vjwsyd.onion/dists/stretch/InRelease

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.