On 10/1/18 10:13 AM, 'Setherson' via qubes-users wrote:
>> On Oct 1, 2018, at 3:18 AM, 'awokd' via qubes-users
>> <qubes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>> 'Setherson' via qubes-users wrote on 9/30/18 2:12 AM:
>>
>>> I am using Qubes 3.2. All TemplateVMs and dom0 have been updated sometime
>>> within the past week.
>>>
>>> Since about the same time, my Workstation TemplateVM and every AppVM based
>>> on it has been unable to connect to the internet.
>>>
>>> The Whonix Gateway TemplateVM works fine, as does the sys-whonix NetVM.
>>> Furthermore, all the AppVMs based on the Fedora and Debian templates work
>>> even when routed through sys-whonix. I also have all the TemplateVMs set to
>>> update through sys-whonix, and every one of them is able to do this with
>>> the sole exception of whonix-ws-14. So if I had to guess, I’d say the
>>> problem lies with the Whonix Workstation TemplateVM itself.
>>>
>>> When I try updating whonix-ws-14, it “hits” everything until the 10th
>>> repository. Once it gets there, the screen shows “[working]” and stays
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else run into this problem? What steps can I take to begin
>>> troubleshooting it?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> You might have caught a bad update last week, and it sounds like one of
>> the repositories you're using is unavailable right now. You can try the
>> suggestions in
>> https://forums.whonix.org/t/errors-updating-september-2018/6028/8, or
>> wait a day or so and try updating again.
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/ffa818ac-b732-a43f-657f-b679dcb5ad93%40danwin1210.me.
>
> Thanks for the link! I did what they advised and the Workstation-14
> TemplateVM seems to have updated fine.
>
> However, the most serious issues remain.
>
> I am still unable to access the internet from any of my Workstation-based
> AppVMs. Here’s what happens:
>
> When I first open the Tor Browser, I receive a warning that my activities may
> be linked if the Tor Browser is already running. I have gotten this sort of
> warning in the past when I already have an instance of the TB running, but
> that’s not the case here.
>
> I click “yes” to get rid of the warning box and the Tor Browser proceeds to
> open. The first sign that something is (still) not right is that it’s unable
> to find the local Whonix splash page file that always pops up when the
> browser first starts. Weird, but certainly not a huge issue.
>
> Then, when I try to do a random search (I use DDG’s Onion service to conduct
> searches), I’m told that the server has reloaded while the request was being
> made (or something to that effect; it’s a super-common error message).
> Whatever the cause may be, the result is that I’m unable to visit any
> website; Google, DDG Onion, DDG Clearnet, and so on all give me the same
> error.
>
> It occurred to me that this might be a Tor Browser problem, so I opened up
> the Electrum bitcoin client in the same AppVM to see if that works.
> [...]

Yes, exactly the same here,  commenting out allows update  but I've been
noticing these DDG .onion resets for maybe a week or more ....

and just last few days , maybe because I haven't rebooted the AppVM for
a while  the  warning  about  activity "being linked" ....

two other things: 1) the Qube manager despite sucessfully updates, the
green arrow to need update persists , even after restarting the Q
manager and
2) update-torbrowser gives a scary warning  in  whonix-ws-14     to
override it two options  , I haven't tried either ..

btw, this is all in Q4.0  with  the latest  dom0  patches , most recent
just a few days ago .....