Jan 31, 2019, 5:15 PM by no...@noses.com:

> Before we begin:
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 31.01.2019, 18:01 +0100 schrieb 19hundreds:
>

>> I agree at some level with what you are saying however, the current
>> mailing list has a lot of valuable information so I believe it's
>> gonna be hard to see it replaced with something else.
>>

> The problem is rather getting the people who are providing the answers
> to use something else. It's a case of the prohpet having to walk to the
> mountain... (People like to use mailing lists because dealing with them
> fits their normal working environment and information archival tools.)
>
> Besides: Mail teaches you patience. There is nothing worse than the
> entitled Interweb Power User who is not getting an answer within 60
> seconds.
>
>> Beside the unofficial resources listed by others, I add
>> https://reddit.com/r/qubes <https://reddit.com/r/qubes>>>  (it's SO
>> comfortable!)
>>

> Reddit is definitely less comfortable if you use it in a desktop
> environment/web browser than any well configured mail client. It is
> usable without network connection. And let's not get into the
> indignities of searching something in that trash heap.

I agree all the way with you and Stuart Perkin. The problem for me is that I
don't have an anonymous-enough IMAP or POP enabled account so I'm stuck with
Tutanota webinterface. If you know the interface you can imagine the pain in
following a thread. There is no tree-groupping for a start.

I know that Protonmail recently adopted some kind of IMAP solution but I didn't
have the time to look into it. I don't know anyone who can send me a riseup
invitation code ... it's kind of a blocking situation for me.

I suppose (but I'm not sure) that the OP is referring to these kind of
situation.

I can mention also another situation: I've just read the post about
debian-9-minimal template. I need to say that the
`qubes-core-agent-passwordless-root` is missing (I'm not sure if it's
intentional) but I don't have the email downloaded in my email client so I
can't reply there.

So, yes, the ML is a good thing. Perfect? not for all.