On 5/7/19 1:32 AM, haaber wrote:
On Mon, 6 May 2019 10:58:47 -0700 (PDT)
22rip-2xk3N/kkaK1Wk0Htik3J/w...@public.gmane.org wrote:

Recently I noticed an add-on needed update and when I went to update
it, it says it was no longer compatible? I knew enough to start the
-dvm using gnome->terminal->firefox in -dvm however this time it
didn't allow me to update the add-on?

Perhaps this is a side effect of firefox's recent (last day or two)
failure to update some key, leading everyone's firefox's to reject all
addons?  google this and you will find tons of people complaining.
You can circumvent this by disabling signing altogether (!?!).
Obviously it's ridiculous for me to suggest this on the qubes list; you
should not install unsigned updates. But I was fine doing this for
my already-installed addons, whose signatures had been checked before.
Once they come up with a fix, I will turn signing back on and then
update.
The update is through on debian (called firefox 60.6.2-esr), android
(different version number) and I guess also on fedora (but I have no
fedora anymore, so I cannot tell you. Just update all of your templateVMs.

just use chromium till  whonix-ws  and ESR get updated  IMO ,

pretty lame FF is calling it a bug, when apparently it was them forgetting to update their middleman certificates or so

found out chromium is much faster anyway  :(