duc...@disroot.org:

> Thanks, applying steps 11 and 12 as suggested was the answer.

Good.

> The hardest part was figuring out how to reach a GRUB menu from UEFI, as
> it turns out. I might suggest a change to the webpage you linked so that
> the  "Accessing installer Rescue mode on UEFI" section is elevated to an
> NB: at the top rather than the bottom of the page.

I have a submission in the works to make that document more clear in
general, and just added the "black screen" symptom:
https://github.com/awokd/qubes-doc/blob/patch-4/user/advanced-configuration/uefi-troubleshooting.md#installation-completes-successfully-but-then-boot-loops-or-hangs-on-black-screen.

--
- don't top post