>> On 3. Feb 2020, at 19:10, M E anneeyr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> man. 3. feb. 2020 kl. 06.59 skrev Frank <q5wrm4n...@snkmail.com>:
>

>>> On 3. Feb 2020, at 01:07, M E anneeyr...@gmail.com wrote:
> <7A330E21-63FF-420D-9745-EF562F243634.jpeg>
> If you can’t see the picture, here is a link to it:
>
> https://13366229192823780453.googlegroups.com/attach/100126185e473c/4B89147B-20D5-40EE-A9BB-C71175811C5E.jpeg?part=0.1&view=1&vt=ANaJVrECT01L2y8o5GwqdnJROLrBq8aKok0PabHMta-x2aY0Ob1KwhJoE_Snqv2pAtXYHNzEbvoZ7nyYlTG0CRXzUxozMo_uhBFSozVSFPdSHxms06amRS4
>
> I got the “dmesg”-output by logging in to the root account and use the
> dom0-terminal. I couldn’t run the command in a dom0 terminal when I logged in
> as a user.
>
> I got this answer at “www.draisberghof.de”:
>
> “The cdc_ether driver has bound to your dongle, has created an eth0 device
> which immediately got auto renamed to enp0s20f0u10 and this device should be
> visible under Mobile Broadband in NetworkManager.
> There are 3 required setting in NetworkManager for a Mobile Broadband
> connection and they are Country, Provider, APN where after you will get a
> connection.
> If you don't then it is not a question for this forum, usb_modeswitch has
> done what it should do.”
>
> Then the problem seems to be related to either ModemManager, NetworkManager
> or Qubes OS as I know the USB modem works.
>
> According to this page (link:
> https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=qubes&pkglist=true&version=4.0.3#pkglist
>  ) Qubes OS 4.0.3 comes with these packages:
>
>   •  ModemManager-glib-1.6.4-1.fc25.x86_64.rpm
>
>   •  NetworkManager-1.4.6-1.fc25.x86_64.rpm
>   •  NetworkManager-glib-1.4.6-1.fc25.x86_64.rpm
>   •  NetworkManager-libnm-1.4.6-1.fc25.x86_64.rpm
>   •  NetworkManager-team-1.4.6-1.fc25.x86_64.rpm
>   •  NetworkManager-wifi-1.4.6-1.fc25.x86_64.rpm
>
> The latest version of:
>      ModemManager is 1.12.0
>      NetworkManager is 1.22.4

Here we are with a basic problem in your understanding of how Qubes works... ;-)

If you got this dmesg output in a dom0 terminal, this is the worst place
possible this USB stick can show up.

A Qubes system usually has a sys-net VM that gets all network devices assigned,
so they won‘t show up in dom0 and pose a security risk there, since dom0
controls everything and you don’t want to give anybody a chance to get into
dom0 and take control of it. That is - by the way - also the reason, why there
is no network connection available in dom0, even in fully functional systems.

Most Qubes systems also have a sys-usb VM that will get assigned all the USB
controllers to get those away from dom0 as well. To use any of those assigned
devices, the VM having those devices assigned to must be running.

There is also the possibility to combine sys-usb and sys-net into one VM.
Having an USB-Stick providing a network interface, this might be a good idea.

Anyway, once you assigned the USB controller 0000:00:14.1 to one of those VMs,
your modem will show up in that VM and not anymore in dom0. This VM will have a
far newer version of Linux running (i.e. Fedora 30 or Debian 10) than dom0
(Fedora 25 in Qubes 4.0.3) and thus far newer versions of NetworkManager and
ModemManager available than in dom0.

If any of the above is completely over your head, I suggest that you read some
of the Qubes OS documentation before going on, since the above is the
fundamental concept of Qubes...

Regards, Frank