On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 01:07:27AM +0100, M E wrote:

> >> Please delete the last message as it contained an mac address.
> >>

> > I have written ???dmesg??? in the root terminal, and here is the relevant
> > part
> > of the result:
> > For me it seems that Qubes OS first register the USB device correctly as a
> > USB modem, and then changes it???s status to a storage device afterwards.
> > But
> > I???m just a newbie...
> >
> > What do you more experienced and knowledgeable people get out of this... ?
> >
> I have tried to use these two commands; ???lsusb??? and ???ifconfig??? in
> every
> terminal in Qubes OS in a attempt to find out if the modem was connected to
> any of the VM???s.
>
> I couldn???t find any trace of it.
>
> I would therefore like to get some suggestions on how to proceed as I
> haven???t got any ideas for what I should try next.

What you should try next is stop flailing about, and think about what you
are doing.
Did you post a picture? I cant see it - it would be more helpful if you
provided the actual (relevant) text.

First, read the docs about USB Qubes and USB devices in Qubes.
Identify how USB devices are handled on your machine. Plug in a USB
device (mouse,stick etc), and see how it is handled.
Understand the use of `lsusb` in the sys-usb and `qvm-usb` in dom0.(Hint
- read docs and manpages on these commands - `man lsusb`)

Then plug the modem in to the same USB port you used before.
Use your new found understanding to find out how the device is handled
on insertion.
If the status is changed to a storage device (where?), then search the
web to find out how to change its status to a modem.
Come back here once you've found the solution, or if you need help with
understanding some detail of what you are doing.