On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 05:06:45AM -0800, M wrote:
> I can???t figure out how I can use the USB modem HUAWEI E3372h to connect to
> the internet in Qubes OS 4.0.3.
>
> So I hope to hear from someone who know how I can do this - especially
> someone who succeeded doing this with this device or a similar USB modem.
>

> Here???s what I have tried:
>
> 1)
> I have tried to use the NetworkManager, by adding a mobile broadband
> connection but that didn???t work.
> Here???s is how I did it (read only if you in detail would like to know how):
> I plugged the USB modem into the pc before I logged in. When I logged in
> there appeared a red network icon in the menu with the text; ???No network
> connection??? -> I right clicked on the icon and left clicked on ???Edit
> connections??? -> Add, and then followed the guide. And I have tried to add
> the connection both before and after I have connected the USB modems storage
> device to sys-net by clicking on the device icon.
>
> 2)
> I have also tried to find the modems Mac address in Qubes OS, but I haven???t
> been able to find it. For me that seems like the USB modem isn???t recognized
> as a modem in Qubes OS. Instead its only recognized as a storage device.
>
> 3)
> I have also tried to find out how to change the mode of the USB device so
> that I could try to change it???s mode from storage device to modem. But at
> this point, I haven???t been able to do that either.
>
> For further details in relation to what I have tried so far, see here:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/qubes-users/2Z1rD5fn6io

I really think you should do some work and THEN contact the list, rather
than using the list as a live stream of your work process.
Please keep ONE thread - this one.

Anyway, what you have failed to do so far, (as far as I can see), is to
identify WHERE the modem is attached. Or perhaps you have and I missed
that in the blizzard of posts.
You need to start by identifying the modem in one qube. Try changing the
mode there, and then see if you can  pass it through to sys-net.
Alternatively, use a combined sys-usb and sys-net.
Once you have the device attached to sys-net you will need to do all
configuration there.
So please, step back, take time to identify the device and where it is
attached, and THEN come back to the list with that information.