On 2020-03-06 08:16, Stumpy wrote:
I shutdown an appvm then tried to start it back up, but now, when i try to start it up, my monitor goes white (with a very thin outline of the appvm that i started, and then nothing. I cant kill it, change workspaces, access menus, nada.

I have tried to open a few things on that appvm but no matter what it seems to crash whether its FF or xterm etc, all freeze my sys at which point i have to restart.

How can i recover from this? or at least salvage the data in this appvm?

I am running a fully updated ver of qubes, the appvm is deb10.

UPDATE:
Now another appvm is freezing my system, also deb10.

I thought Appvms shouldnt be able do freeze a whole qubes installation?

I havent done anything with dom0 recently other than updating it but this is getting serious as the previous appvm was not a huge deal (major inconvenience though) but this more recent one is a big deal as its for work.

Suggestions really needed. I'd be happy to post whatever info/log file needed, i just dont know which one would be useful.