----- On Mar 7, 2020, at 11:32 AM, Stumpy stu...@posteo.net wrote:

> On 2020-03-07 11:34, donov...@unseen.is wrote:
>>

>> ----- On Mar 7, 2020, at 5:15 AM, Stumpy stu...@posteo.net wrote:

>>> I have checked and confirmed that all my deb10 appvms freeze my system.
>>> While i can recover the data I really need to have working appvms as
>>> there are some things that are harder to run on fedora than deb.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else having a similar problem?
>>>
>>> I even tried to install a new template but got this:
>>> @dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-itl
>>> qubes-template-debian-10
>>> Using sys-whonix as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take
>>> some time...
>>> No Match for argument qubes-template-debian-10
>>> Nothing to download
>>>

>>> Any help on how to diagnose/resolve this would really be appreciated as
>>> i really dont know where to start.
>>>
>>> --
>> I had a similar issue re-installing the deb template and I had success using
>> "sudo qubes-dom0-update --action=reinstall qubes-template-debian-10".
>>

> Thanks for that. Just to check though, would that remove my current
> template? or keep the current and install a new one?
>
> --
I do not know as I had deleted my deb template to make space on my primary
drive. You might clone your existing (to be safe if you need anything from it)
and see if it does delete the original on reinstall. I do know my install
squawked because it detected that there was not an existing deb template
domain. However, the install ran anyway, so it may in fact delete the existing
domain.