On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 06:15:11AM -0500, Stumpy wrote:
> On 2020-03-06 08:16, Stumpy wrote:
> > I shutdown an appvm then tried to start it back up, but now, when i try
> > to start it up, my monitor goes white (with a very thin outline of the
> > appvm that i started, and then nothing. I cant kill it, change
> > workspaces, access menus, nada.
>
> Is anyone else having a similar problem?

I had a simlilar issue months ago when I installed 'gnome' as in the
whole desktop environment. I suggest when doing so one can damage the
GUI integration with Qubes.

When installing packages or trying things out I've never done before I
always do so in an AppVM, no the TemplateVM. The advantage being, if I
mess things up all my changes to the VM are gone once I restart it.

Only after testing changes successfully in an AppVM do I then install
them in the TemplateVM (with the obvious exception of things I've
installed before or that couldn't conceivably mess things up).

/Sven

--
 public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6