Mark Fernandes:

> But surely it would be better just to buy it brand new in a shrink-wrapped
> condition over the counter at a physical store, where you randomly select
> the hardware from many alternatives? In the UK, we have a store called PC
> World that seems set-up for such buying strategies in mind.
>
> Any thoughts?

Good point, that could work too. There is yet another perspective where
everything new that contains ME or PSP is already compromised out of the
box, whereas older hardware lets you disable more thoroughly or avoid.
On the other hand, could just be a cost issue with new hardware. No real
"right" answer, all depends on how you weight probabilities and your
monetary units.

--
- don't top post