On 2020-04-09 05:11, Mark Fernandes wrote:
      ..

    I am looking for a bit of a work horse (not nessisarily bleeding
    edge) ...

    ...  getting something that is
    highly likely to play nice with Qubes is pretty
    much at the top of my priority list.

Not sure what kind of activities you're planning on undertaking with your computer, but if you're doing any kind of activity that benefits from OpenGL <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL>, be aware that Qubes doesn't offer any OpenGL virtualisation <https://www.qubes-os.org/faq/index.html#can-i-run-applications-like-games-which-require-3d-support>.

Also, just wondering whether Qubes is a good fit for you, given that its above-average security seems as though it definitely has the potential of causing a significant performance hit for "work horse" type activities.

Thanks,

Mark Fernandes

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/ddc638b5-41bf-4141-a9df-2f735a6e47e8%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/ddc638b5-41bf-4141-a9df-2f735a6e47e8%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

I've been using it for the past 3 years so am pretty sure its a good fit for me. As for opengl, i didnt mean to insinuate that i was looking for gaming (i am not). And for work horse, i guess i mainly meant i use it for work, and personal. I regularly have lot of AppVMs running at the same time with lots of browsers and tabs open and occasionally play around with digikam, dark table, and gimp so i tend to use quite a bit of memory (hence wanting more) and with an old circa pre-2013 i5 spinning up AppVMs is a bit slow/could be a bit faster - ergo, looking to upgrade.