Chris Laprise:
> On 4/20/20 3:01 PM, taran1s wrote:
>>
>> Chris Laprise:
>>> You'll need to put the files in the vpn directory, not a subdirectory
>>> like "mullvad_config_linux".
>>
>> Is there any particular comand, instead of unzip, to not create the
>> sub-directory but unzip it in the vpn directory directly?
>>

>>> That particular error, however, indicates that the config expects
>>> "update-resolv-conf" to be in "/etc/openvpn". You can copy it there for
>>> the test, but this part of the config is overridden by Qubes-vpn-support
>>> so in the end you won't need it there.
>>
>> Should the Qubes-vpn-support be unzipped and installed in /home/user/ or
>> an another path or it doesn't matter?
>
> You can unzip it in any user directory and the installer will know where
> to install the program files.
>

>> BTW this is the log from debian-10 based ProxyVM. The error seems to be
>> different:
>>
>> user@open:~$ sudo mkdir -p /rw/config/vpn
>> user@open:~$ cd /rw/config/vpn
>> user@open:/rw/config/vpn$ sudo unzip ~/mullvad_openvpn_linux_all_all.zip
>> Archive:  /home/user/mullvad_openvpn_linux_all_all.zip
>>     creating: mullvad_config_linux/
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_ae_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_al_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_at_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_au_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_be_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_bg_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_br_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_ca_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_ch_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_cz_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_de_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_dk_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_es_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_fi_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_fr_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_gb_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_gr_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_hk_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_hu_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_ie_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_il_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_it_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_jp_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_lu_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_lv_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_md_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_nl_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_no_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_nz_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_pl_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_pt_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_ro_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_rs_all.conf
>>   extracting: mullvad_config_linux/mullvad_se_all.conf
> [...]
So it seems like I will need to use the ProxyVM based on debian-10
template instead of fedora-30. In case of Fedora-30 ProxyVM, the error
is different for some mysterious reason, even the process was the same.

I try to unzip the files into the /rw/config/vpn directory, but whatever
I try, the unzip comand still creates the subdirectory. When I try to
get just the files there, without the subdirectory, I don't have enough
permissions. Is there any way how to unzip or somehow get the files into
/rw/config/vpn? Sorry for the noob questions :)

Btw is it enough to have the ProxyVM routed through sys-net instead of
sys-firewall?