On 2020-05-30 11:30, viktor.ransm...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello Frederic,
>
> Am Freitag, 29. Mai 2020 19:00:55 UTC+2 schrieb Frédéric Pierret:
>
>     On 2020-05-29 18:26, viktor....@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>     > Am Freitag, 29. Mai 2020 14:01:46 UTC+2 schrieb Frédéric Pierret:
>     >
>     >     On 2020-05-29 13:53, viktor....@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>     >     >
>     >     > I'm trying to continue my journey into the various Qubes OS
> options from the smaller - and not - from the larger template POV.
>     >     >
>     >     > I'm not asking for any additions to the provided packages
> available for example in 'fedora-31-minimal'.
>     >     >
>     >     > All I'm asking for is help to resolve the following question:
>     >     >
>     >     > *What do I need to do in order to activate / enable the copy /
> paste pattern via copy-c/v for xterm?
>     >     > *
>     >
>     >     Control+Middle mouse clic -> Select to Clipboard. Then, you can you
> QubesOS clipboard shortcut (Control+Shift+C).
>     >
>     >
>     > It may be obvious to you, but for me - coming from the Windows world -
> it is not really clear ...
>
>     The middle click simply the wheel click but indeed, with only left and
> right buttons it's both at the same time. Here when hold Control in addition
> to left and right mouse button (keep holding) on xterm, it makes appearing a
> little menu where the selection is made by unholding mouse buttons. On this
> little menu you would see the 'Select to Clipboard' option.
>

> Which version of Qubes OS - and - of Fedora are you using?

QubesOS version does not matter (4.0) and it's Fedora 31 (does not matter
either). It's mostly a problem related to xterm interpreting mouse buttons not
Qubes/Templates at first. The menu you have is the same I have with only left
click button. The menu with clipboard option is called 'VT Options'. I suggest
you to search for how to enable 'VT Options' without middle click button.