viktor.ransm...@gmail.com:
Hello Jackie,

Am Samstag, 30. Mai 2020 00:49:01 UTC+2 schrieb Jackie:

On 2020-05-29 18:26, viktor....@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:

      On 2020-05-29 13:53, viktor....@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:

      > I'm trying to continue my journey into the various Qubes OS
options from the smaller - and not - from the larger template POV.

      > I'm not asking for any additions to the provided packages
available for example in 'fedora-31-minimal'.

      > All I'm asking for is help to resolve the following question:
      >
      > *What do I need to do in order to activate / enable the copy /
paste pattern via copy-c/v for xterm?
      > *

      Control+Middle mouse clic -> Select to Clipboard. Then, you can
you QubesOS clipboard shortcut (Control+Shift+C).

It may be obvious to you, but for me - coming from the Windows world -
it is not really clear ...

The middle click simply the wheel click but indeed, with only left and
right buttons it's both at the same time. Here when hold Control in
addition to left and right mouse button (keep holding) on xterm, it makes
appearing a little menu where the selection is made by unholding mouse
buttons. On this little menu you would see the 'Select to Clipboard'
option.

For what it's worth i can't get this to work on xterm either. I use
gnome-terminal which lets you right click -> copy (or edit -> copy),
then qubes copy/paste shortcuts work like normal.

Thanks for sending a confirmation, that I'm not the only one having a
problem with the approach described & recommended by Frederic.

Concerning your mention of gnome-terminal. - I'm aware of it, I'm using it
in my 'regular' Qubes - but - in this specific case I don't want to start
with including the whole Gnome Desktop up front.

As I said in my first message: I'l like to start with as few packages as
possible for some qubes ...

With kind regards,

VR

Actually it only wasn't working for me because i missed something. My mouse has a middle button, but i wasn't pressing control. Now that i'm doing it the right way the menu comes up and i can enable select to clipboard.

The tricky part is simulating middle click without a middle button but it looks like you got it working. :)