On 5/29/20 7:00 PM, Frédéric Pierret wrote:

     Control+Middle mouse clic -> Select to Clipboard. Then, you can you
QubesOS clipboard shortcut (Control+Shift+C).

It may be obvious to you, but for me - coming from the Windows world - it is
not really clear ...

The middle click simply the wheel click but indeed, with only left and right
buttons it's both at the same time. Here when hold Control in addition to left
and right mouse button (keep holding) on xterm, it makes appearing a little
menu where the selection is made by unholding mouse buttons. On this little
menu you would see the 'Select to Clipboard' option.
I searched for 'middle mouse clic' & I was told that on a regular two button mouse,
this maps / translates to pressing both left & right mouse at the same time.

I don't want to make any advertising, but maybe it's time to get a three-button mouse. Some time ago I saw some mouse in a shop, held it in my hand, and immediately felt I must have that mouse! I don't know it still is available, but the model is "Speedlink Descano Ergonomic Vertical Mouse - USB" (SL-6168RRBK). Actually it's a 5-button mouse with scroll wheel and a button to switch between different resolutions (in case you have little space for movement the high resolution is very nice).

BTW: Just checking it, I found that it's much cheaper now (I paid more than two times that price): https://geizhals.de/speedlink-descano-ergonomic-vertical-mouse-schwarz-sl-6168-rrbk-a1162507.html (German, for 18€)

Ulrich

[...]