On 8/3/20 10:18 AM, fiftyfourthparal...@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, 3 August 2020 18:36:28 UTC+8, Chris Laprise wrote:

    'curl' would only be used in a Whonix template. This is to signal
    Qubes'
    proxy to start the Tor-based updateVM as soon as possible. It should
    not
    try to run curl in a Fedora or regular Debian template.

    To suppress interactive prompts, you need to run the script with
    '-u' or
    '--unattended'.

Thanks--I managed to figure that out and respondright before you posted <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/SbLGJ1CWAWw/Bk1SyD-JAQAJ>, so now I'm using the -atu option.

Not sure if it's a bug, but it seems like your script attempted to run curl in Fedora. I can't copy the output, but the VM basically goes, "Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'updates': Curl error (28); Curl Error (23)" several times before throwing up its arms and giving up. Then the script tells me that fedora-32-minimal update returned non-zero status.

Seems like dnf itself uses curl. Searching for 'dnf curl' shows a lot of hits. dnf is saying it couldn't use curl to retrieve metadata for the updates repo. Maybe there is an issue with the way the updatevm is setup on your system?

To test manually, here is the command the script uses:

dnf update -y --best

I also just tested the script with a fresh fedora-32-minimal and it works (interesting to note that "curl-minimal" was one of the updated packages).

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket