On Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 7:12:52 PM UTC+1 awokd wrote:

> Fabrizio Romano Genovese:
> > Yes, I managed to get 5.10.13-1 working. The things that do not work at
> the
> > moment are:
> > - Wifi (AX500, according to google a notorious throublemaker), that is
> > still detected as unassigned both in sys-net and dom0.
>
> Check out this thread:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/qubes...@googlegroups.com/msg04757.html
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/qubes-devel@googlegroups.com/msg04757.html>.
>
> Looks like there's a limitation in QEMU that makes it unable to
> passthrough multiple MSI vectors on a device, so driver upgrades will
> not help.

More than "upgrades", is worth pointing out that at the moment there is
literally no driver for my wireless card in sys-net.
 I found a few hints on google about how to recompile the kernel to include
those drivers, but they weren't qubes-specific and I never did kernel
building before, so I don't know really where to begin.

You could try disabling them and see if it reverts to old
> style interrupts with the following:
>
> qvm-prefs sys-net kernelopts "nopat iommu=soft swiotlb=8192 pci=nomsi"
>
> Qvm-shutdown sys-net and start it again and test. If it doesn't help,
> repeat the above command less the pci=nomsi option. Only option at that
> point is to wait until appropriate support is added to QEMU then Xen &
> Qubes, or to switch to a USB wifi device (but search on this list, etc.
> to find one known to work with Qubes).

I tried, but nothing changes. My card is still read as "unassigned class".
Do you know if adding support to QEMU is in the works by any chance? I
don't mind waiting, but it would be nice to have at least a vague idea of
the time windows we are looking at (months? years?).

> > - Sound (must be a problem with the driver, sof-audio-pci
> > - Sleep (no idea what the problem may be, but sometimes fixing wifi
> > improves this too)
> >
> > The closest thing to what I need is this:
> > https://groups.google.com/g/qubes-users/c/Fa65-e8vqdM which fixed audio
> for
> > XPS9700 (I have XPS9310), but not wifi, even if the drivers were
> included
> > in the kernel.
>
> Mind starting a new thread for these two issues, or pointing me towards
> one if you already have? They are a bit off-topic from the thread title
> of ath11k.

Will do. Thanks!