Dear Qubes community,

I am looking for a really secure way to use Qubes for searching not only a hard
drive for file names, but for text that is in files.

The goal is to avoid an exploit in the searched files leading to a takeover of
the hard drive by malware.

The total size of all my files is too large for me to put them all in one qube
before searching for text in them.

Would it perhaps be possible to mount only a single partition of the hard drive
into a qube, but not with write permissions, only read permissions?

I would do the search on command line, using "grep" for plain text files,
"pdfgrep" for PDFs, and something for table files, databases, etc.

Is my idea feasible? And how secure would it be?

Best regards
Michael Singer