On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 07:11:49AM -0700, Andrew David Wong wrote:
It's possible to create "backup profiles," but I haven't personally used them, so I'm not familiar with the details of how they work. This option is mentioned in the `--help` text for qvm-backup but not qvm-backup-restore.

It looks like the profiles are stored in /etc/qubes/backup/. I checked
that directory and there are no profiles, so that can't be the problem.

Unfortunately at this point I'm all out of ideas for troubleshooting
this -- even though it's a very important issue! Unverified backups are
very dangerous, and I've caught problems before because backups failed
to verify.