Frédéric Pierret:

Le 11/28/21 à 10:10, Qubes a écrit :
'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
Qubes:

Are you currently running it, can you give any feedback?

Yes, running 4.1. Haven't tried gui or audio domains yet, but so far everything works fine. Think a couple people have run into no QWT being available for 4.1, but it's not something I need.

A couple of things I am not sure of doing a backup, fresh install of 4.1 rc2, and then restoring, is for example current templates, like Debian 10 as well as all the clones of this template for example and the customizations done to each. Is it possible to directly 'transfer' Templates via backup/restore method to 4.1 rc2. Does one need to perhaps install new qubes-specific-packages for new features/integration/or-the-like things to work. Or should everything pretty much work out the 'box'?

It does not work out of the box. Migrating your template from R4.0 to R4.1 need manual steps like adding Qubes R4.1 repositories and upgrade your templates. As you will not be able to have GUI once your template from R4.0 are restored into R4.1, you will need to use "virsh console" into dom0 to access your templates.

Most (but not all, now that you mention it) of my Debian 10 templates & AppVMs restored to 4.1 as is and remained usable. I ended up having to mount the private volume of one that wouldn't and copying the data out. I'm taking advantage of the re-install to rebuild the templates I use as fresh Debian 11 versions, and switching AppVMs over to them as I go.

--
- don't top post