Has the 4.1 as well as 4.1.1, because I did test on both, release added additional overhead to the creation of a dvm?

I have identical dvm's for Firefox on 4.0 and 4.1 and on 4.1 it takes almost, in the region of 0.5 - 0.75 seconds almost, **double** the time for a new dvm to be ready for usage, 18 seconds vs 36 (both rounded for convenience).

That is quite a hefty difference. Is there any explanation for this behavior?