Qubes wrote:
Has the 4.1 as well as 4.1.1, because I did test on both, release added additional overhead to the creation of a dvm?

I have identical dvm's for Firefox on 4.0 and 4.1 and on 4.1 it takes almost, in the region of 0.5 - 0.75 seconds almost, **double** the time for a new dvm to be ready for usage, 18 seconds vs 36 (both rounded for convenience).

That is quite a hefty difference. Is there any explanation for this behavior?

This really is quite an annoyance, my system has slowed down quite a bit in the area of dvm's and i use them intensively. Can someone help me understand this problem? Where must i scratch under the bonnet to determine why dvm creation takes so much longer on my 4.1 install compared to my 4.0 install. I have two identical SSD's (make, model, etc) one installed with 4.0 and the other with 4.1. The SSD i used for the 4.1 install has much less mileage on so general wear of the SSD should effect my 4.1 install less.

It is not only dvm creation that is slow any VM boot time has increased significantly.