I performed your test with a clone of fedora-37 template.  I did get a
dialog window requesting me to select the program to use to open the pdf
file.  It did not remember the /usr/bin/evince path the next time after I
browsed to it and checked the remember box when opening the pdf the first
time.

I did not get the same error message you did when I launched krusader from
cli.  I got the following error messages

kf.i18n: KLocalizedString: Using an empty domain, fix the code. msgid: "No
jobs" msgid_plural: "" msgctxt: ""

(krusader:2530): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 10:23:45.254: gdk_atom_intern: assertion
'atom_name != NULL' failed

(krusader:2530): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 10:23:45.255: gdk_atom_intern: assertion
'atom_name != NULL' failed
10:23:45.446-warning kf.i18n unknown@0 # Trying to convert empty
KLocalizedString to QString.

When I first launched krusader I got a popup warning with the following
text:
No text editor plugin available
Internal editor will not work without this.
You can fix this by installing Kate:
https://kde.org/applications/utilities/org.kde.kate

After I installed kate in the appVM, just to see what would happen, I got
the following message after loading krusader and opening the pdf the first
time but not subsequent times.
10:43:29.756-critical default unknown@0 # "applications.menu"  not found in
 ("/etc/xdg/menus")