Paul wrote:
> A Laureline is a better NTP response provider than an RPi (see mike cook's
> plots)
>  and doesn't require *any* configuration or monitoring
>   (but mike cook shows graphs for those that care about such things).
>  No compiling, no OS updates, no conf file fiddling, no management.
>   Literally plug and play.
>  There is still a to-be-fixed leap-second issue
>   but it is documented to support keyed connections and multi-cast.

No conf or management, means that you can't fix issues
 that they never thought of, several years into the products life?

 e.g. The recent attention to SSL & noquery, abuseable features?

You can't do "no conf file fiddling, no management" and keyed;
 unless they are all keyed the same,
  or keyed to a serial number (or something).

 I'd prefer keyed manycast over multicast.

  keys ".../etc/ntp.keys" # e.g. contains: 123 M YOUR_MD5_KEY
  trustedkey 123
  manycastserver 224.0.1.1
  manycastclient 224.0.1.1 key 123 preempt

How do you do LAN restrict statements without conf or management?
 or do you need to SSH into it and can't get a query from the LAN?

e.g.
 restrict -4 default limited kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
 restrict 127.0.0.1
 restrict -6 default limited kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
 restrict ::1
 restrict 224.0.1.1 mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify
 restrict 192.168.0.0  mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify
 restrict source nomodify

--
E-Mail Sent to this address <blackl...@anitech-systems.com>
  will be added to the BlackLists.