On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Null wrote:
[stuff]

Please check the links provided.  It would seem the most common
problem people have is not being able to think about a network
attached reference clock that uses NTP responses rather than PPS +
serial stream as a solution to time transfer.  It's a Reference Clock
not an instance of NTPD.

On my campus all critical infrastructure is behind multiple firewalls
which manage access control so that's a solved problem.  We have no
need to restrict access to our NTP service from on-campus hosts but we
could.