On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 14:25, José Abílio Matos <jama...@fc.up.pt> wrote:

> Again you guessed right, that was the main idea. :-)
> As I told above and to reiterate it, the idea of this work is to make it
> easier to automate the
> process. Similarly to how we do the mass builds for all the packages.

But the mass rebuild process is very different, because releng doesn't
follow any particular order (they don't need to, because nothing
really changed).

The question is whether there is any tool to resolve dependencies and
generate a list of builds, as I do with the CRAN database, for an
arbitrary list of RPMs. That would be perfect. In theory, this should
be possible with dnf, but when I tried, I failed (or my script would
theoretically work, but it would take ages to complete). I also took a
look at releng's repos on Pagure, but I didn't find any tool to do
this either.

We should bring this to devel, maybe ask Miro and other Python folks
who may have The Method(TM), as they are rebuilding stuff on a daily
basis.

--
Iñaki Úcar