On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 09:09, Elliott Sales de Andrade
<quantum.anal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 11:05, José Abílio Matos <jama...@fc.up.pt> wrote:
> >
> > On Friday, 3 July 2020 18.36.17 WEST Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> > > Nice! What if we create a group "R" on Pagure and a repo
> > > "fedora-scripts" or something like that?
> >
> > I would like to improve the scripts but FWIW here it comes a rough version
> > of
> > the script I used.
> >
> > The python script loads the csv file and constructs a directed graph and it
> > starts to remove the leave packages (pruning or trimming if you take a
> > gardening analogy).
> >

> I'm not exactly fluent in Haskell, but Jens Petersen has a tool called
> fbrnch [1], which is able to calculate the build order, and then
> submit them, and even handles override for non-Rawhide builds. It does
> need you to handle some of the bootstrap conditions yourself, but with
> a defined workflow, it might be possible to request that it handle
> that too.

Very interesting! I poked around a bit and discovered that they use a
Haskell library [1] for that, and a quick search led me to a package
called rpmbuild-order [2]. Never heard of it. So

$ rpmbuild-order sort pkg1 pkg2 pkg3 ...

works nicely. It works by scanning for the packages' SPEC files in the
current working directory, so you need to clone all the repos locally
in the first place.

[1]
https://github.com/juhp/fbrnch/blob/d37825c1012d35ae3277d0d0185bd55213fdecd2/src/Cmd/Local.hs#L10
[2] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/rpmbuild-order