On Friday, 26 June 2020 10.52.44 WEST Elliott Sales de Andrade wrote:
> glue            1.4.1      1.3.2         - requires new vctrs; do not bump

This process takes time but I think that I am on the right track (to the abyss
?). :-)

I am now rebuilding packages that need bootstrap and/or from Bioconductor.

An example of how this is done can be seen here:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/R-glue/blob/master/f/R-glue.spec

In this case the bootstrap mode is off to make it on it would be enough to
change one from

%bcond_with bootstrap

%bcond_without bootstrap

And yes at first sight it looks like the it should be the other way around.

The question is read it as _allow_ to build the file conditionally with/
without bootstrap.

Since most of the packages do not need this I propose to only add this snippet
where it is really needed and not everywhere as I have hinted initially. Or
else the spec files becomes noisy unnecessarily.

Regards,
--
José Abílio