Hi Kevin and all,

Given the binned data, you could count the number of people per age class
for those 10 blocks. You can then express that in a number of
different ways, like percent under 25 years old, or by calculating the
dependency
ratio
<https://www.who.int/data/gho/indicator-metadata-registry/imr-details/1119#:~:text=Definition%3A,a%20specific%20point%20in%20time.>
.

I do think it is feasible to calculate an estimated mean from the counts
within groups representing ranges. See, for example, here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18887382/how-to-calculate-the-median-on-grouped-dataset

Since you are working in Baltimore, you may consider looking at The
Baltimore Neighborhood Indicators Alliance https://bniajfi.org/vital_signs/.
They provide useful data on a range of issues (transportation, crime,
education, environment etc.) including summaries from Census-derived
demographics. What you are seeking may already exist. BNIA creates
neighborhoods or "community statistical areas" (n=55) based on aggregates
of Census data.

Although not pertaining to age, Baltimore City Planning has paid Census in
the past to aggregate from individual-level Census data to the more
colloquially-used definitions of Baltimore shown here (n = 273):
https://data.baltimorecity.gov/datasets/neighborhood-1/explore?location=39.284832%2C-76.620516%2C12.91

Best, Dexter
https://dexterlocke.com/