Actually I suppose the recommended course of action would be to just
use the Snow Leopard version, which will probably work fine on
Mavericks (and diversitree will have a pre-built binary from the R
developers). First uninstall your current version of R with `sudo rm
-rf /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/` then install this version:
http://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/R-3.1.0-snowleopard.pkg

Jonathan