Dear all,

I have a time calibrated phylogeny and I need to insert some species on it.
When I added those species with bind.tip function (phytools) the new
phylogenetic tree doesn't have the calibration time. I tried to solve this
problem in other packages such as APE and other programs like Mesquite and
online platforms, but I did not get the solution.

Is there any method that enable the insertion of additional species in a
time calibrated phylogeny without losing branch length information?

Thank you all in advance
--
Lilian Sayuri Ouchi de Melo
(PhD Student in Animal Biology at UNESP/IBILCE)