On a related note- does anyone know of a function or package that can parse and
store all of the metadata associated with nodes and branches from a BEAST
output file? read.beast from phyloch will parse all of the data associated with
internal nodes, but not with terminal branches (for example, substitution rate
information). I emailed the developer of that tool and he indicated this was by
design (though he may be able to offer a solution).

Jake