FYI, in case one wants to install the testing version of ape to
R-devel (in my case, also a Windows machine), I found I needed:

install.packages("ape",contriburl="http://ape-package.ird.fr/bin/windows/contrib/3.2";)

Emmanuel, I've tested the testing version with paleotree and a few
other projects I'm working on and I haven't found any issues.

Cheers,
-Dave

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:16 AM, Emmanuel Paradis
<emmanuel.para...@ird.fr> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A new testing version of ape (3.4-0.3) is available. It includes three main
> new features:
>
> - A new data class, "AAbin", to store amino acid sequences; there are eleven
> new functions to generate and manipulate them including translation from
> DNA.
>
> - The function checkAlignment does some diagnostics on a DNA alignment.
>
> - Some extra plotting functions built on ape's basic plotting functions
> (plot.phylo, nodelabels, phydataplot, ring) for a specific task. For the
> moment, there are two such functions: drawSupportOnEdges() and
> plotBreakLongEdges().
>
> Information on the new functions can be found at:
>
> http://ape-package.ird.fr/NEWS
>
> And instructions on how to get and install the testing version here:
>
> http://ape-package.ird.fr/ape_installation.html#versions
>
> A Windows version is available.
>
> Best,
>
> Emmanuel

David W. Bapst, PhD
Adjunct Asst. Professor, Geology and Geol. Eng.
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
501 E. St. Joseph
Rapid City, SD 57701

http://webpages.sdsmt.edu/~dbapst/
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/paleotree/index.html