Hello,
I don't have personal experience with that function, but have look at
?ape::zoom It is designed to solve problems as You have.
HTH,
V.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/en/

Department of Botany, Faculty of Science
Charles University in Prague
Benátská 433/2, Prague, 12801, CZ
https://www.natur.cuni.cz/biology/botany/
https://erasmusclub.natur.cuni.cz/

Institute of Botany, Academy of Sciences
Zámek 1, Průhonice, 25243, CZ
http://www.ibot.cas.cz/en/

Czech Republic