Hi,

You can send your contribution directly to me. See this post for a recent discussion on how to contribute to ape:

http://www.mail-archive.com/r-sig-phylo@r-project.org/msg04580.htmlra

Sure your contribution will be useful. I've just found out that read.FASTA crashes R if the FASTA file is gz'ed. It will be the opportunity to fix this too.

Best,

Emmanuel