Just to follow off what Lucas said, but please note you cannot rescale
branches of a phylogeny using an OU model when the tree is
non-ultrametric (such as when it contains extinct, fossil taxa as
tips). Slater (2014, MEE) discusses this more in a brief correction to
Slater (2013).

I don't know if anyone in this conversation has a non-ultrametric
tree, but I wanted to make that clear for anyone who stumbles on this
thread n the future using a google search.
-Dave

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Lucas Jardim <lucas.ljard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> You can transform the branches of your phylogeny using the estimated
> parameters of OU models. Then, if those models describe the observed data
> adequatly, the transformed tree should model the observed data as a
> Brownian motion model. So you can use an ancestral state reconstruction
> based on Brownian motion model. However, I do not know if that is the best
> approach as optimum values would not be included into the reconstruction
> process.
>
> Best,
> --
> Lucas Jardim
> Doutor em Ecologia e Evolução
> Bolsista do INCT-EECBio (Ecologia, Evolução e Conservação da
> Biodiversidade)
> Instituto de Ciências Biológicas
> Laboratório de Ecologia Teórica e Síntese
> Universidade Federal de Goiás
> http://dinizfilho.wix.com/dinizfilholab

David W. Bapst, PhD
Asst Research Professor, Geology & Geophysics, Texas A & M University
https://github.com/dwbapst/paleotree
Google Calendar: https://goo.gl/EpiM4J