Michael Sperber scripsit:

> I don't recall the inexact argument.

:-)

> I didn't consciously change anything in R6RS that might make it
> different from R5RS.

Except to require arbitrarily large exact rationals (and a fortiori
integers, though integers are particularly mentioned).

> However, I did try to do something about the whole broken concept of
> "inexact numbers":

I read that paper some years back.  I'll re-review it now.

> Albeit, to no avail.

Nothing is ever quite useless, for the stone which the builders rejected
may become the cornerstone.  (Psalm 118 verse 22)

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        co...@ccil.org
Is not a patron, my Lord [Chesterfield], one who looks with unconcern