Guile has adopted a lot of Racket ideas. So they are building the platform to
which to port Emacs.

Consider building Emacs in Racket and then building a sane API. This project
probably requires an even longer time horizon. Tony Garnock-Jones of
Marketplace and Minimart (see (fourth RacketCon)) fame has started the project.
I am sure he's willing to take contributions.

-- Matthias