I think if there is a direction to go in, it's to make a SSH-friendly and truly extensible text version of DrRacket. I would use this all day; I only really use vim because it's terminal friendly and the editing is great.

DrRacket offers a lot in terms of integration with Racket facilities and I would rather have a text version of that than more Emacs/vim.