On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 3:01:08 AM UTC+8, Anthony Carrico wrote:

> The Racket derivation needed to be
> parameterized to find the opengl libs/drivers. I also remember that I
> couldn't get this to work reliably on any OS except NixOS. Any opengl
> program was going to have similar trouble since the libs are a function
> of the drivers which can't really be provided by Nix on non NixOS
> platforms.

Wow, ok.

> This situation was more of a reflection on the state of
> OpenGL than Nix in my opinion, but we ended up developing in a NixOs vm
> for this reason only.

Yeah, that sounds like an oddity.

One nice thing you can do once you have racket2nix is that you can have
your racket package generated as a nix package, and then override the nix
package to have native dependencies, which I hope will be very helpful to
people in your situation in the future.

--
   /c